If you are planning to travel outside of the United Kingdom, your travel health needs will depend on your individual situation, to find out more please see the Grampian Travel Health Service.
You will also get lots of general travel health information from the National Scottish website Fit for Travel.
Please note that Travel Vaccinations are no longer carried out through your GP Practice.
It is always a wise precaution to pack some essential items in case of illness on holiday. Do choose medicines according to your needs and the country you are intending to visit. lf you take prescription medicines regularly remember to pack them too.
You may want to consider packing the following:
- Paracetamol, travel sickness tablets, plasters and a small crepe bandage
- Rehydration solutions such as Dioralyte, Anti diarrhoeal e.g. lmodium
- High factor sunscreen
- Anti material tablets, Water purification tablets, Insect repellent
- Condoms and other contraceptives
- Sunhats for yourself and children
In many tropical countries, mosquitoes can spread diseases such as dengue, chikungunya, West Nile, malaria, yellow fever and Zika. Here are five simple rules you should follow to reduce your risk of infections spread by mosquitoes.
Our Health Organisations Travel section has lots of useful links to help you.